Sunday 28 October 2012

Pickled Onions!

Every year my mum makes pickled onions and this year, my nan helped her peel them. They both wore glasses so that their eyes didn't water as much and it was hilarious to watch! The pickled onions are ready now but can't be eaten till December! I don't like pickled onions but my family say that they are always very nice, especially my mum's ones. My mum also usually makes blackberry jam, but hasn't got round to it this year :-( i love her blackberry jam!  Oh well, maybe next year!

Tanya X

Pickle onion recipe - by Anji!

1) First peel the pickled onions
2) Put them into a bowl and soak in heavily salted water for 24 hours 
3) rinse thoroughly and put them in sterilised jars. Cover in pickling vinegar, ensure all onions are covered.
4) Screw the lid on tightly and store for two months +

That's Anji's pickled onion recipe!

Serving suggestions:
1) with cheese
2) with cold meat
3) With a sandwich and a packet of crisps!  






No comments:

Post a Comment